Data Integrations Engineer
Data Integrations Engineer
Solink is a different kind of data-analytics software company. We’ve successfully made surveillance video a source of powerful insight for business owners of franchise and retail chains. We focus on security applications that combat fraud proactively and make it easier for owners to track down problems. Today we focus on loss prevention and in the future, we see every department using video to make data-driven decisions: marketing, operations, even HR.
A job at Solink means working with an amazing team and tackling one of the biggest data problems out there. We are venture backed and focus on continuous execution to delight our customers. We have a creative and collaborative work environment, and all of our employees have meaningful equity in the company.
A bit about the role…
The data team at Solink builds and manages a growing list of over 250 integrations to various data systems, including databases, POS’s, access control systems, analytics, API’s and more. These integrations form the basis of Solink’s powerful data analytics platform, which is a critical component of the Solink application.
As a Data Integrations Engineer on the Solink Data team, your job will be to build and maintain these data integrations. You will write code to extract/collect the data from the source, analyze/parse it, load it into the Solink database, and enable all of the reporting that is required by the customer. As Solink’s customer base continues to grow and the Solink platform continues to evolve, these data integrations will be critical in ensuring that customers can get the most out of their data, and as a result, get the most out of Solink.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher education (Computer Science or related field is an asset), or similar!
- 1-2 years of similar work experience
- You are curious in nature and have a strong desire to help customers get the most from our service
- You love systems integration and everything that comes with it
- You are curious about business operations. You get excited about solving operational challenges - you dig in and get the work done.
- You have basic knowledge or familiarity with APIs
- You are comfortable reverse engineering other people's code to extend and modify functionality.
- You pride yourself on: ‘done quick, done right and done once’
- You are a great listener and know how to manage expectations.
- You stay cool under pressure and look for ways to support your teammates.
- Experience using Jira - or a similar ticketing system, would be an asset
- Candidates must undergo a criminal records check upon hire;
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included), or eligible to work in Canada;
- Be willing to comply with Solink’s own security policies and standards.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Own the process of bringing data reliably into Solink’s infrastructure
- Write software that interacts with physical devices deployed in live customer locations
- Build tools to pull data from various locations (APIs, SDKs, etc)
- Contribute and collaborate when needed in a variety of other ways across the Solink Data team
- Implementing ongoing QA and monitoring processes to ensure the reliability of data integration and related processes
- Supporting the ongoing maintenance of integrations
- Keeping up to date on new developments and technology in the integration domain.
- Act as subject matter expert, participating in the selection of new software and data integration tools.
- Lead multi-source integration development to attack and resolve critical customer operational challenges
- With a growing company comes many challenges - The successful candidate will have an aptitude to grow into the challenges presented to them.
WHAT IS SOLINK?
Solink is transforming conventional data into ‘smart’ data. Solink connects and synchronizes brick-and-mortar business systems like video + Point of Sale data, to create insight into loss prevention, security, and operations issues. We find new and powerful ways for businesses to get real value from the data and footage created daily by their standard systems.
We’re one of Ottawa’s fastest growing companies. We're not just a tech and security company - we are rapidly evolving the way that we use and think about video security, data analytics and technology. We're enhancing the status quo to positively impact clients and customers' businesses.
We’re on a steep growth trajectory, which means lots to do, lots to learn, and lots to experience! What an exciting adventure ahead - and our Solinkians make the greatest travel companions…
Solink thrives because of our team; we know that in our business and in our daily work, people make all the difference. We’re looking for people who are driven by curiosity, hungry to innovate and striving to make an impact.
WHY WORK AT SOLINK?
Working with us means you’ll be working for a company that values your input and allows you to bring your ideas to life. We offer a collaborative, creative, supportive work environment with a culture that is undeniably fun…
All that - PLUS we offer…..
- Flexibility in your chosen hours of work by helping you get "stuff" done (encourages that work life balance);
- Opportunities for growth based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Creative and innovative environment that mentors, supports, motivates and inspires you to make an impact;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size, type and complexity;
- An “open-door” policy where communication and brainstorming is encouraged;
- A really positive and fun environment working with an incredibly ENERGETIC team;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Fully paid Health / dental benefits offered immediately (an additional $500 spending account for items that aren’t covered in our AMAZING benefits program);
- Monthly reimbursement toward a health and wellness;
- Extracurricular SOLINKIAN social events (annual “solink-o de mayo”, so-learns, sports teams, so-lunches, team builders, and much more)
- Please note: We are currently operating within a hybrid model.
We know that everyone has different experiences and that’s what makes all of us so unique. Solink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re looking at building our team of great people and we know that comes in various forms. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage all candidates with interest to apply. We will provide accommodation on request through all parts of the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your cover letter and resume addressed to Baby Yoda outlining why you would be the right fit for this position.
Solink welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.