Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Financial Controller to support RHEA Group and work from either our head offices based in Wavre, Belgium or Montréal, Canada.
The key person will be part of the finance team, supporting in the implementation/execution of the overall financial strategy and driving consistency in these areas throughout the Business Units. You will be expected to work closely with each business unit providing overall financial and operation expertise.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Developing a strong relationship with Business Partners, having a voice, driving the finance culture across RHEA and being a trusted Business Partner.
- Driving the P&L month-end closing and reporting process including all related Business Reviews.
- Project controlling activities including profitability, cash-flow, productivity and ad hoc analysis.
- Driving planning exercises (quarterly forecast process and annual budgets).
- Contributing to process improvements.
- Promoting compliance with company policies and procedures as well as supporting all regulatory/local legal requirements including audits.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Degree in Management, Economics or Finance.
- 10 years of experience in business or financial controlling.
- Experience in Revenue Recognition, cost accounting and financial planning/analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of business concepts and strong analytical skills, planning/budgeting/modelling tools as well as standard cost policy.
- Strong expertise with ERP, MS Office in particular Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required with ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and positively influence business outcomes.
- High-level of written and oral communication skills.
- Bright, able to pick up the business quickly and understand issues.
- Self-sufficient with high energy levels and willing to travel.
- Able to focus on finer details whilst maintaining a clear idea of the overall picture.
- A resilient approach to work.
- Willingness and ability to work at both operational and strategic level.
- Fluent in English and in French.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.