Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is looking for an experienced Lead Software Developer to be part of our Software Development team. Our company is growing and we’re looking for people who are passionate, creative, and want to make an impact.
As a Lead Software Developer, you will be a key part of our software development team. You are an experienced Software Developer who has grown into a people leader over the many years of experience gained throughout your career. You will drive the technical design and development of new features. You can leverage your troubleshooting, mentoring and problem-solving skills to provide a best-in-class customer experience in an emerging IoT field. Ultimately, you will be building the next generation of our mobile and web solutions!
Our ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who isn’t afraid to jump into unknown territory to solve a time sensitive problem. Someone who will take more junior team members along on the journey, so that they can grow and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team.
The work location for this role is in Ottawa, and we are open to remote candidates. Our preference would be a candidate who can work in a hybrid environment both remotely and in person.
- Lead and inspire a software development team, providing guidance, mentorship, and performance feedback.
- Drive the end-to-end software development lifecycle, from planning and design to implementation, testing, and deployment our Giatec 360 enterprise solution.
- Troubleshoot, debug and solve critical customer issues.
- Lead architecture, technology direction and best practice adoption.
- Drive DevOps skill adoption and infrastructure understanding with the Software team.
- Participate in Agile development practices as part of the SDLC
- 8+ years of software development experience in Enterprise Web Applications.
- 2+ years leading software development teams producing SaaS software.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Experience with Cloud orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes), CI/CD.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, architectural principles, and software best practices.
- Communication, collaboration, and innovation skills are key.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is a global company bringing smart testing technologies and real-time data collection to the forefront of every jobsite to revolutionizing the construction industry and reduce concrete’s carbon footprint. Giatec’s suite of hardware & software products leverages AI and Internet of Things (IoT) and delivers wireless concrete sensors, mobile apps, and advanced non-destructive technologies (NDT) that drives innovation throughout concrete’s lifecycle.
Giatec technology has helped over 10,000 projects in 85 plus countries worldwide meet their construction targets on time, and this number is quickly growing. We have also been recognized by numerous organizations as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for three years running!
At Giatec, we fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success. We are looking for creative and passionate people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Team up with us and reshape your future!
Do you have some of these skills but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you! Please send your cover letter and resume to us indicating why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
At Giatec, we know that diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belongingness are critical to our success. We believe that employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthen our workplace culture, boost our creativity, and help us to revolutionize the concrete industry.
Giatec is dedicated to creating a barrier-free environment starting with the hiring process. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.