Product Owner - SmartMix Hardware
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is seeking a passionate, talented, and creative, Product Owner - SmartMix Hardware to work closely with cross-functional teams including product management, UX/UI design, client experience, software development, concrete research, data science, quality assurance, Marketing, sales and customer support to deliver innovative solutions that meet business needs and exceed customer expectations.
As a Product Owner, you will work hand in hand with our cross-functional teams on software and hardware solutions that revolutionize one of the biggest industries on earth. Reporting to the Vice President of Product Management, you will continuously review the business needs, identify opportunities and risks, and be involved with defining our product’s priorities and milestones.
Additionally, working closely with a broad range of stakeholders, you will ensure that information from the market and customer helps drive decisions and that there is tight coordination in new product introduction.
The work location for this role is in Ottawa, and we are open to remote candidates. Our preference would be a candidate who can work in a hybrid environment both onsite and remotely.
- Work with the SmartMix hardware development team on short- and long- team roadmap to deliver on the product’s vision (SmartMix is an AI-based software/hardware platform for concrete mix optimization).
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal teams to help set priorities and timelines for product design, development, and launch.
- Assist in defining and tracking product plans, scoping and prioritizing features and bug fixes based on maximum customer impact, and defining epics/stories for development, documentation, and delivery.
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they are successful achieved.
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement and make data-driven recommendations for future projects.
- Assess current competitor offerings and opportunities for differentiation.
- Implement tools, methods, and processes to improve the internal communication and alignment between multiple teams.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) for our products and services.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and integration opportunities.
- Perform product demos to customers, partners and internal stakeholders (e.g. sales team).
- Actively lead and participate in partners/customer advisory boards with customers and prospects.
- Work in collaboration with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Support to collect critical information about our products, market, competitors, customers, and prospects.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Software Development.
- Minimum 3 years work experience as a Product Owner or a Business Analyst, or similar role in product management.
- Experience bringing new products to market.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders and clearly convey product vision.
- Great organizational and time management skills, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strong problem-solving skills to make decisions under pressure.
- Analytical mindset and a collaborative problem-solver, with a very strong attention to detail.
- Strong Project Management experience.
- Strong team player with a motivation to be part of continuous improvement culture.
- Experience working with a hardware product would be considered an asset.
Giatec is on a mission to transform the Concrete industry. We have products that enable Concrete Producers to save time and money, and most critically, lower their GHG emissions. We have customers throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are a diverse group of people committed to continuous learning and building a company with Purpose and Integrity. We have been growing and profitable for over 10 years.
We fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success. We are looking for creative and passionate people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Do you have some of these skills but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you! Please send a brief cover letter and resume to us indicating why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
At Giatec, we know that diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belongingness are critical to our success. We believe that employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthen our workplace culture, boost our creativity, and help us to revolutionize the concrete industry.
Giatec is dedicated to creating a barrier-free environment starting with the hiring process. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.