Senior Software Developer
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is seeking a talented Senior Software Developer to join our team. As a Senior Software Developer, you will work as part of a team to design and develop high-quality software solutions for web applications using React and Node. Our ideal candidate is someone who not only excels in software development, but is a positive influence in the team, fostering a culture of collaboration, knowledge-sharing and continuous improvement.
The work location for this role is in Ottawa, and we are open to remote candidates. Our preference would be a candidate who can work in a hybrid environment both remotely and in person.
- Develop and maintain web applications using React and Node.js.
- Collaborate with design and product to deliver solutions for customers.
- Write clean, tested, reusable, and maintainable code.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior developers, helping them to grow their skills and build their knowledge.
- Encourage and facilitate knowledge-sharing among team members, creating a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our software and drive the implementation of those changes.
- Ensure that our applications are reliable, and scalable to our customers’ needs.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues as they arise.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to peers.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in web development and incorporate them into our applications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, related field or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of experience in developing SaaS web applications.
- Proficient in React, Node.js and Express.js.
- Track record of inspiring, motivating and mentoring peers to achieve their best.
- Strong grasp of unit, integration and end-to-end test development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases.
- Strong background in solution design is an asset.
- Experience building reusable component libraries is an asset.
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is a global company bringing smart testing technologies and real-time data collection to the forefront of every jobsite to revolutionizing the construction industry and reduce concrete’s carbon footprint. Giatec’s suite of hardware & software products leverages AI and Internet of Things (IoT) and delivers wireless concrete sensors, mobile apps, and advanced non-destructive technologies (NDT) that drives innovation throughout concrete’s lifecycle.
Giatec technology has helped over 9,000 projects in 80 countries worldwide meet their construction targets on time, and this number is quickly growing. We have also been recognized by numerous organizations as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for three years running!
At Giatec, we fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success. We are looking for creative and passionate people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Team up with us and reshape your future!
Do you have some of these skills but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you! Please send your cover letter and resume to us indicating why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
At Giatec, we know that diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belongingness are critical to our success. We believe that employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthen our workplace culture, boost our creativity, and help us to revolutionize the concrete industry.
Giatec is dedicated to creating a barrier-free environment starting with the hiring process. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.