Business Operations Analyst Student - 4 Month Winter Term
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
The BlackBerry IoT Business Unit combines BlackBerry’s core IoT assets across the company, including BTS (QNX, Jarvis, Certicom, Radar) and BlackBerry IVY. BlackBerry IVY is an edge-first secure and intelligent in-vehicle data platform that provides automakers with cloud-controlled access to vehicle data in order to produce and share insights consistently with a global digital ecosystem of developers to deliver actionable value on vehicle data at scale. The BlackBerry IVY Engineering organization is focused on developing and delivering on this vision through delivery of software and services that will be used by vehicle OEMs and also the broader development community worldwide.
We are looking for a Business Analyst interested in working with our Product and Software Engineering teams to bring innovative solutions to our automotive customers and ecosystem partners.
Help enable the future of automotive by joining the BlackBerry IVY team!
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for organization and process development within emerging business models
- An interest in working with automakers, partners, and a large development community to enable innovative solutions
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct business analysis and research to identify key metrics and opportunities for improvement
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure business solutions meet strategic goals
- Ensure business processes are running in accordance with project management and operational methodologies
- Consult with key stakeholders to determine business objectives and success factors
- Collaborate with team members to collect, analyze, and evaluate information from multiple sources
- Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders
- Write and document business requirements, functional requirements, and design specifications
- Work with information technology professionals to develop a solution that meets business requirements
- Continuously improve existing business processes and strive to develop new ones to improve efficiency
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Currently pursuing a degree in business administration or related field
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and basic computer science
- Data visualization and data analysis experience not required but preferred
- Experience with CRM and / or project management tools such as Smartsheet, Salesforce, Jira, and Confluence
Student Life at Blackberry
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40