Hardware Engineering Student - 4 Month Fall Term
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
Today, BlackBerry® is a transformed company. We’re no longer about the smartphone, what we once did for smartphones is what we’re now doing for Enterprise of Things (EoT) – envisioning, enabling and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the business world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable EoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks and autonomous vehicles.
Today our software is trusted by the world’s most important organizations, including all of the G7, 16 of the G20, NATO, financial firms, healthcare providers and educational institutions. BlackBerry technology is further embedded in millions of ‘things.’ You can find BlackBerry in smart watches, medical devices, cars, trains, robots, smart meters, TV broadcast equipment, wind turbines, hydroelectric plants, pilot training simulators, mail-sorting machines and, of course, tablets and smartphones just to name a few.
Working with the Software Engineering Group, the successful candidate will be required to take direction from, and be responsible for, assisting the team perform a wide variety of tasks in both hands-on and administrative roles. The team is responsible for the embedded code for the BlackBerry asset tracking – “Internet of Things” products. The candidate will participate in the design and testing of those products.
Length of Term: 4 Months
Location: Waterloo, ON
What you will do
- Developing and maintaining automated tests
- Software development of Radar device including fixing defects and developing new code for the firmware, middleware, tools and scripts
- Assisting the with the installing and testing of the IOT device in the lab
Who we are looking for
- Currently enrolled in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline at the Intermediate level
- Knowledge of embedded device development, or proficiency in C/C++
- Curious attitude and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with excellent time management skills
Student Life at Blackberry
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40